Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Greatest Movies...OF ALL TIME!!! (Part 1 of ?)

Hey all, it's late and I want to tell you something. Something about my favorite movies...Now, this going to be a multi-part The Weekly Keith. I'm going to give you a handful each week. I'm not going to rank them, because...well...I don't want to. That and I don't want to wait to get to the really super awesome ones. So, here...we...go...

Re-Animator- "I gave him life."
Let's start this deal off with a bang, or should I say a Splat. What does this movie have that makes it so great? Well, there's exploding eyeballs. There's Jeffrey Combs. There's an awesome black cat that gets killed, brought back to life, and then splattered against the wall, and then brought back to life again. There's a shovel beheading. There's intestines that shoot out of a guy and attack another guy. There's lobotomies...and...Oh, man this is so good. Remember when I said there was a shovel decapitation, well...that guy...he is brought back to life, and he's carrying his head around...and there's this girl he likes that he kidnaps, and she's naked on a table...Well, it's awesome. Let's leave it at that.
Seriously, how could you not want to see this movie, RIGHT NOW?



The Shawshank Redemption - "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'"
Oh, man. I got a little misty just writing that line. I cry a lot anyway, but even I think my weeping at this movie is excessive. I'm not saying I ever want to go to prison, but if I could find a friend like Red, it wouldn't be so terrible...you know...except for all the prison rape, beatings, and shitty prison food.
But seriously, this movie is so, so good. Morgan Freeman is the coolest dude ever to walk the yard. Tim Robbins, I just feel so bad for him because he seems like such a nice guy.
My favorite moment is Red's last parole hearing, and Red is all, like, "fuck you, dude. I'll stay in here forever, I'm not putting up with anymore of your crap.", and the other dude is like "OK, Red. I respect your honesty, so I'm gonna parole your ass."
Every time I finish watching this movie, I just want to stand up...tears streaming down my face...wearing a huge smile...and cheer and clap and yell. (look at all those ands.)



The Sword of Doom - “I, Ryunosuke Tsukue, trust only my sword in this world. When I fight, I have no family.”
I want to go buy a samurai sword...and just walk around, grunting at people. When someone looks at me cross-eyed...Swipe. Yeah, that's what the beginning of this movie makes me want to do. The last 15 minutes or so...Completely different story. You see this is a movie about a completely evil dude. He can't help it. He's not greedy, or maniacal, he's just...EVIL. He's like a Slayer riff. Any situation he encounters he always makes the most evil choice possible. He's not happy, he's not sad, he just is.
Until the end, when all his ghosts start to haunt him. His reaction...whip out his sword and slash them. He starts to destroy a room, and then a bunch of dudes who want to assassinate him attack. Well, they didn't know what the fuck they were in for, because Ryunosuke is feeling a bit kill-ey. The bloodshed that follows isn't all pretty like your used to. It's brutal...Probably one of the most brutal scenes I've ever seen. This movie is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!
This is an awesome trailer redux this dude did.




Anyway, that's enough for tonight. I'm going to bed.

Keith

No comments: